11.24.2009

Celebrations and Renovations

Last week we celebrated our second wedding anniversary. I came home from work to find an amazing little flower arrangement waiting for us from my sweet parents. So so so sweet and pretty.



We toasted to two years past and many more to come... and Wilkes joined in (don't worry, just a drop).







We had an AMAZING dinner at Flight downtown. Oh my gosh... so good. We started with the Ocean Flight, then the Salad Flight. My main was the Seafood Flight and Josh had the Beef Flight. We each had the wine flight that was paired with our meal and enjoyed every bite and drop of EVERYTHING. Thanks to my constantly thoughtful Grandma Lois for the gift of that meal. What a perfect night!

Oh, and in other news... I finally did what I've been threatening for 2 years. Chop chop! That long hair is old news and I am the proud owner of a bob. My 14 inch ponytail will be donated to help make a wig (or part of one) for a woman fighting cancer.



Something about fresh short hair always ups my sassy-ness. Change is fun.



We are off to Austin this week to see my family. I can't wait to see them all! It's been too long. I look forward to the time with Josh on the drive, the conversations, the Chuck Klosterman books on cd, and even the gas station coffee.

If all goes as planned, we might get right into knocking down walls and doing major renovations to the bungalow as soon as we get home. The question is, do I, the ultimate Christmas lover and anticipator, have the strength to sacrifice my tidy perfectly packaged Christmas experience for the greater good of having a home I can nest in come 2010? New walls, floors, and ceilings don't really partner well with nativity sets and glass bulbs. I realize this is one of those marshmallow test moments where I can eat the one in front of me NOW or I can wait a few moments and have two... I wish that marshmallow didn't smell so delicious.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I gave my old dog beer once. Terrible idea. Good luck with the renovations!